Sunday, July 20, 2008

Window Treatments....


I have never been a particular fan of extremely ornate curtains. I think that they can take away from the natural beauty of the window, especially in an older house. I am however, very much for any curtains that add to the natural beauty of the window and the room and may also let in light in just the right way to make the room glow. I have put in some thought to what kinds of curtains I would like. I think in a mostly white room that floaty white curtains would be beautiful. I also think that in a formal dining room or living room a striped curtain could add some classical glamour to the room. I especially like these curtains from RestorationHardware.com. They hold a certain regalness. I like the colors of robin's egg blue and the sumptuous tan silk tafeta curtains. I think these could play nicely off of a room painted a taupe or a very light blue. The search continues....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try this site for your next stop, they got some great ideas and pictures to get you started:

http://www.prioritywindows.com