Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Living Room Lovin'

photo via www.lisalubyryan.com


My mom got me a new coffee table recently at an estate sale. It's black painted wood with gold detailing and a leather inlaid top. Although it's not exactly what I would have picked out for myself, the more I live with it, the more I like it. Before the new table, I had an ottoman with books and a tray on it as my "coffee table." I took pictures of the living room with both set ups and different pillows.... Which do you like better? Instead of a tray on my new coffee table, I added a white lacquer box (very chic 1960's palm beach style, dontcha think?) from Home Goods, which if you've never been (it's the home version of Marshall's and TJ Maxx) is FABULOUS.






While I'm on the subject of Living Rooms, I feel that I must admit to my readers (i.e. Lauren, Watson, and Mom) that I don't yet have curtains. Yes, I know, please don't judge me. Maybe it was my attempt at denial that I actually live here. Anyway, I've had my eye on some at West Elm for a while that I think I'll snatch for the three rooms that need curtains when I move into Brian's in July.




I really like these curtains for our bedroom. Especially since most things will be gray and white, with just a splash of yellow. I'll be getting my dressing table chair recovered in a mustard silk dupioni, so this subtle yellow stripe will play off that.

These will be for the living room which currently has mocha gray walls and will have my white couch and chair, an orange tufted accent chair, and a black coffee and side tables. I think the bright white will be simple and a nice contrast with the walls.



I want these curtains in the white and flax color for our guest room, I think they'll add a little interest to the mostly nautical flavor.

1 comment:

T said...

I realize that this is an old post - but where are those white curtains with flax/gold colored medallions from (the ones you say you want for your guest room)? - I LOVE them!