Monday, August 16, 2010

Design Decisions....My (ok, Our Bedroom)

image via annesage.com

After I moved into Brian's, my first project was to get our living room set up. It is almost completely done, except for a mirror that is going over the couch. (Pictures will be posted as soon as it's up!)

My next concern was Our Bedroom. There are so many elements that go into making the most relaxing boudoir possible.


A few Bedrooms I love....


images via decorpad.com


Tonight we had "house project night", which seems like every night now and we put together our headboard and hung the chandelier.




The fabric for the headboard is tan linen with a white damask print, that I purchased at Glick Fabrics Warehouse this weekend in Houston! At $11.99/yd plus some other supplies, I saved tons of money by not purchasing a pre-made headboard. Plus, I got to have exactly what I wanted. And, let's face it, Brian pretty much did most of the heavy lifting.


The bedding is Pom Pom. I got it last year for my birthday and after lots of sleeping/washing it is the SOFTEST linen EVER.

pompomathome.com


I was crusing the website today and noticed this beauty..... I'm always wondering what kind of bedding I would want once we upgrade to a King Size and I think this would be it....


pompomathome.com


Or this....


image via PineConeHill

Right now I just have a plain cream dresser with crystal pulls. Eventually I would really like a Dorothy Draper chest (or two) like these in SATC.

image via Sex and the City Movie





Goodnight!




























































No comments: