Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sixties Sunday!





I guess at this point in my blogo-life, it's not exactly a secret that I'm OBSESSED with the 1960's.

Now let's be clear, I don't mean the flower-child, hippie Sixties. I mean the glam, early 1960's of the Mad-Men, Jackie Kennedy, and Babe Paley.

via AMC's Mad Men

Jackie in the Early 1960's via The Field Museum

Jackie's redecoration of the White House in the 1960's was a pioneer effort by her Fabulous First Ladyness!

While Home Decor is always my first concern, I love sixties fashion as well. Today on my lazy Sunday-store browsing that I dragged Brian on (sorry B.), I ran across Talbots. Ok, before you sign out of my blog because you now believe that I'm in fact a 60 year old grandma, let me tell you that they have seriously had a major REDESIGN. According to my sweet resident Talbots sales associate, they are now catering to a "younger crowd." I loved alot of things I saw, mainly because it had such a gorgeous sixties vibe. Plus, since the price point is much cheaper than say, Kate Spade (also with GORGEOUS sixties stuff) or my fave, miss TORY BURCH, you can mix and match! I'll show you exactly what I mean.

Dress from Talbots

Sweater from Kate Spade



For a perfect sixties-style living area, you can mix and match expensive and bargain basement too!





Would love two of these on the side tables flanking the couch
via Etsy


Love this chair from Wisteria covered in the Madeline Weinrib fabric below.


items from Pieces in Buckhead, GA

wallpaper from Farrow & Ball

I think these elements could come together for the perfect 1960's meets Modern Day living room!

Just for fun, I went on AMC.com today where you can Mad-Men Yourself. Basically you make yourself into your very own 1960's character! How perfectly delightful! Here is my result!


1 comment:

Rosemary said...

You are incredible. I love Jackie-O