Monday, August 23, 2010

Travel Obsession....Palm Springs





I've been jones-ing for a beach vacation literally ALL year. Galveston does NOT count. (sorry mom). I've taken some pretty great trips since January. Copenhagen and Germany in March, Los Angeles in June, New York and Seaside, FL in July, and finally Chicago in August. I finally got my beach fix at Miss Petta's beach house a few weeks ago and now I'm on to my next big obsesh. And that would be Palm Springs. This itch for the beautiful place in the desert probably comes from my serious, getting worse by the day 1960's obsession. This infatuation is particularly strong for the times that took place in California, namely in Los Angeles and the destination vacay for the rich and famous of that time...Palm Springs. People like Frank Sinatra and Elizabeth Taylor had homes in this fabulous place.

Love this tote!

It should be no surprise that a fabulous vacation spot like this should have fabulous hotels. There are three in particular that I am DYING to stay at.

The Parker Palm Springs seems to be the most classic of the three. SO many gorgeous weddings take place here. The decor is PHENOMENAL.

The Gene Autry Villa at the Parker Palm Springs


Patio Room at the Parker Palm Springs


If you wanted to do a Parker Palm springs style bedroom, all you need is a sleek-mod bed with neutral bedding and a punch of color.


The Viceroy Palm Springs might be my favorite. If you research it for about 15 seconds, you'll see why. Wait for it..... Designed by none other than Fabulousness Incarnated in human-form, Kelly Wearstler! Very Glam. Very Sunny.



Isn't this all white dining room GLAM? Love Kelly's Style!

Use these pieces from Z-Gallerie and West Elm for a Wearstler-Style Living Area!






The Ace Hotel and Swim Club is way more laid back than the first two. I love the rustic-glam decor. Brian and I need to take a vacation here IMMEDIATELY.

The Ace Hotel via Elle Decor Magazine

Love these items for an Ace inspired space.



Great Round Rug from West Elm

I would have to say that Palm Springs is climbing quickly to the top of my list when it comes to a perfect destination wedding spot. Who wants to come?! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these Palm Springs weddings featured on my FAVE wedding blog, Style Me Pretty. By the way, if you're a soon-to-be blusing bride with Faboo taste, or just a wedding dork sans ring like me, scoot on over to Style Me Pretty and soak up Miss Abby Larson's wedding sunshine. You will NOT be dissapointed.

Love this Super Glam wedding

I would want to get married at the Parker Palm Springs just so we could have pictures taken in front of this fabulous entry way. Yes Please!

So, the question begs... who wants to jet off to Palm Springs with me?

1 comment:

hattie sparks said...

mackenzie, palm springs is the BEST! corey and i went last summer and i absolutely loved it! also love style me pretty...i spend so much time on the site, it's ridiculous!