Tuesday, October 19, 2010

FunkyTown Style... The Dining Room



Via Domino Magazine



Yesterday I talked about the house we are IN LOVE WITH, and how I would decorate the formal living room. The formal dining room seems like the next logical step. To refresh, this is what it looks like now....

I want my new formal dining room to be the meeting of three hostesses, first the French Country Housewife who buys old industrial furniture at the flea market and collects cream china. Next, the Palm Beach party girl who loves bright colors, fresh flowers and white lacquered asian inspired pieces. Last, but certainly not least, the traditional southern Texas girl who loves fabulous fabrics, old fashioned china, and statement pieces.


Here are my living room inspirations....

We'll start with the dining table. I want a french industrial style.

Love this one from Restoration Hardware.

Instead of a console hiding all my fabulous china (present and future) I want two industrial shelves like this flanking the back wall of the dining room to showcase my dinnerware fabulosity.


It would look something like this....


Next, I'd have to think about chairs. For the length of the table I'd choose some chinese chippendale chairs like this.




Reupholstered Seat Cushions in Something bright like this....


Or neutral like this.....



For each head of the table I would choose wingback chairs.

I love these in navy with white piping.....

I think I'd do mine in a dark grey linen with a coral monogram and matching piping...


and monogrammed with this....

There are a few options for lighting....



I like both of these styles. Both French, Both Fantastic.

While I would want to paint the walls a neutral dark grey, I would wallpaper the ceiling with something like this...


And for my final touch....

A statement Rug..... Fab.

No comments: