Monday, December 20, 2010

Design Obsession-Celerie Kemble




I remember when I saw this Domino cover for the first time. I had no idea who Celerie Kemble was, but I thought she looked so effortlessly chic. I've kept track of her work since this appearance in Domino, and I love every part of her portfolio.

This won't be a surprise, but I love the 1960's Palm Beach influences in her design aesthetic. Her mother, Mimi McMakin actually started their design firm in the 80's and I think Celerie inherited the very best parts of her mother's taste with her own modern twist.


Some of Kemble Interior's Design Portfolio

 I love the yellow bamboo chairs. And the chartreuse wall in the other room.

 Can I live in this bedroom please? As if the gorgeous all white bedding mixed with greens isn't amazing enough, you can see the ocean outside the window.




images via Kemble Interiors

 Love what they did for the Gasparilla Inn

Wouldn't Ellie from Cougar Town JUST LOVE IT?!


 And Celerie's most recent Media Appearance, Lonny Magazine's Oct/Nov 2010 Issue

Oh Celerie, You're even fabulous when you're pregnant.

 LOVE the tent over her bed.

 This 1960's buffet is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

I want something like it so badly.

images via Lonny 

 The black cabinets in her dressing area are gorgeous and so chic with the hexagon tiles


images via Schumacher 

I'm really into her line of fabrics for Schumacher. The prints are so versatile and can mix with a variety of styles. 
If I was a "real" interior designer, her fabrics would be a major go to for all my clients.

In my first interior design project (I'm currently redoing my mother's beach house: photos to come later) I actually used Celerie's Hothouse Fabric for pillows.

And. They. Look. Fabulous.


I've seen two pictorals of Celerie's offices. Both Different. Both Gorgeous.

I love that turquoise armoire. Isn't it the most precious little nugget?



Fantastic Yellow Damask Rug


I really want Celerie's Design Book, To Your Taste.
I've hinted to Brian about it no less than 38 times as a Christmas Gift Idea.
I may send him this post link, and make it #39.

No comments: