Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Friend Style Files.....Katie



My friend Katie (pictured below with her fiancee) is currently planning her wedding. We were talking about her dream design aesthetic recently and she mentioned how much she likes the decor at The Viceroy Hotel in Santa Monica. 



Of Course I automatically love it, since it was designed by my fave, Kelly Wearstler. She designed it in the "British Regency" Style with core colors of white, black, and kelly green.
It's preppy, it's chic, it's hollywood regency.

It's FAB.

 




Katie recently moved into a new condo with her fiancee in Kansas City.

I thought I'd design their formal living room.

Disclaimer: When designing this room, I primarily took her future hubbie's masculinity into account.
And then promptly ignored it.

Katie's design philosophy is a mix. She's preppy with a trendy vibe. Picture skinny jeans and a DVF Top with pearls. She's glam yet laid back.

I think something emulating Kelly Wearstler's Hollywood Regency Style with a British Preppy kick would be perfect for her.

I'd start with Schumacher's Green Trellis Wallpaper. It's instantly drives home the tone we're going for.


I would place two of these white tufted sofas from Z Gallerie facing each other 


Three of these mirrors from Ballard Designs would go above the couch against the wall

 


This birchwood coffee table from Pieces in Atlanta is awesome. 
Totally perfect for their living room.
SO much personality.


 Also love these two gloss black side cabinets to flank the couch against the wall


Each side table would have one of these lamps from High Fashion Home

A vintage console like this one painted kelly green would be perfect for storage and to be used as a bar


I would flank the console with two of these lamps from Horchow




Between the couches on one side I'd put two of these chinese chippendale chairs by Jonathan Adler via Horchow


I'd recover the cushions in this pink/white Calico Corners Fabric.
For her fiancee's sake, I wouldn't add too much pink, but I think a little accent is fine.
Plus, Katie loves it.


Opposite the chippendale chairs, I would add one of these chairs from High Fashion Home

 Covered in this green silk from Schumacher


As a finishing touch, I'd add curtains like these black and white one's in the picture below.



Did I mention that besides being their virtual home designer, I'm also a bridesmaid in their June wedding?

Think this qualifies me for BBE (Best-Bridesmaid-Ever) ?

I do!

No comments: