Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Sister Style Files.....Molly


image via Domino Magazine

My sister, Molly is in her senior year at college ( double majoring in Environmental Science and International Affairs, the smarty pants) and is planning to go to grad-school when she's done. I was thinking about what room to design for her and I thought a home office would be the perfect room to suit her lifestyle.

My sweet little sister

Miss Molly is sort of a study in contradictions. She's trendy but doesn't like the over-done. She's organic and hipster, but still loves the finer things. She's a thrift store frequenter with champagne taste.
The perfect home office would marry together all this qualities to make a mixture of preppy, organic-hipster, and eclectic.


Some inspiration.....





photos via Elle Decor


photos via Domino Magazine

And now for the design....

I love this desk from UrbanRemainsChicago.com
So simple and organic. Molly would love it.

I'd use the Antonia Chair from Ballard Designs for her desk chair. I love the fancy element it adds to the worn desk.

Which I would recover in this eclectic Calico Corners Fabric


For the wallpaper, I would use one of these beauties from Schumacher
I never get sick of their designs.



The Baldwin Chaise from Ballard Designs is a great choice for a comfortable read or a post study nap.


Any comfy chaise needs a few fun pillows.

Love these Suzani options from Etsy



 This bone side table from West Elm would fit perfectly by the chaise.


With this fab industrial reading lamp from Restoration Hardware atop it.
This rug from Calypso is the perfect marriage of trendy and eclectic.


 I would flank her desk with two of these lamps from West Elm



This cheeky candle from Bliss Living Home is a great desk accessory!

On the wall opposite the chaise, I would add two of these silver chrome bookshelves from
Home Decorators

I think they add a little modern edge to the antique industrial vibe.


 She can fill them with books, pictures, and (of course) mercury glass votives.


 As "artwork" I'd add these wire letters from Urban Outfitters to spell the word "GREEN" above her desk.

It's sort of her motto.


These wire baskets would be great to sit on/by her desk to hold papers, binders, magazines, etc.

Etsy.com 


What does your dream office look like?



1 comment:

Molly Kate said...

I like it! It has my approval. Thanks for making a sister style file- keep it coming!!