Saturday, February 26, 2011

Out on the FUNKY Town


I had quite a busy day yesterday.

Chili Cook-Off at work, followed by appetizers and wine with friends at Tillman's Roadhouse in Fort Worth, followed by cocktails at The Usual on Magnolia.

I typically prefer hole-in-the-wall restaurants and bars, but my night yesterday seemed to be filled with one well decorated eatery/drinkery after another.

I had never been to The Usual before, and it has a really cool retro, mid-century modern vibe to it.



 Love the retro pendant lights.

I had been to Tillman's Road House before, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE their decor.
There are lots of restaurants that attempt the "Texas Chic" look, but few succeed. 

I think Tillman's has the look down pat.



 This is where we sat last night for appetizer's last night. 
The tufted turquoise banquet is amazing.


One of the things I love about Fort Worth is the unpretentious stance it takes towards Eating & Drinking!
If you're in the Fort Worth area try these places out!

No comments: