Monday, April 4, 2011

Behold, the Power of Wallpaper!

image via decorpad.com

My apologies for my absence from the blogosphere on Thursday & Friday.

I was enjoying time off from the western world at a client's remote ranch.

It was pretty amazing. 

Now that I'm back, I wanted to talk about something that I think about often.

WALLPAPER.

It seems to me that people often steer away from wallpaper because it conjures images of grannie-style florals.


 Yick.

You know, the kind of wallpaper most people rip out when renovating a home.


I'm here to tell you readers, that wallpaper can have a dramatic impact, whether you use it in a small space like an entryway or powder bath or a large space, like a formal dining room or master bedroom.

Special Thanks to my sweet friend Mallory who suggested some great wallpaper vendors!

Some of my favorite patterns:



 I've mentioned this one several times.
Still think it would be darling for a baby room.

 Schumacher

 I love the imperial trellis in this dining room.
So pretty in yellow.

 and this gorgeous hand-painted chinoiserie from Gracie Studio

 Or this neutral print by Lee Jofa



image via decorpad.com

Love this fun print from Brunschwig & Fils

1 comment:

Molly Kate said...

Super! Je l'aime. Il est très française.