Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Entertaining.....A Gorgeous Casual Table!

 Since Easter is swiftly approaching, I thought I'd dedicate today's post to Easter Entertaining.
Most specifically, how to decorate your table!

I'm thinking a backyard party like this one from Country Living


This decor would really work for any table, but a rectangular one is probably best.

So I'd start with a simple linen runner.
They don't take away from the rest of the table like big bright printed table clothes do.

Pottery Barn
 And I'd add a few decorative items on the runner for our centerpiece if you will
Love these purple lacquer frames from ZGallerie. Put some black and white glossies of you hunting for Easter eggs as a child.

West Elm

 Do I even have to tell my readers that Mercury Glass votives need to be included on EVERY table?

And then add a few bouquets of tulips in simple vases.

 West Elm


And a couple white porcelain hurricanes with candles inside.

 West Elm

At Each place setting, add a seagrass charger like this one.

 West Elm

And simple Ikat Napkins
 West Elm

Use simple dinnerware
I always prefer bead set creamware
 Pottery Barn

And in lieu of the matching bowl, add a fun one like this...

 Anthropologie

And some vintage mis-matched silver...

 Anthropologie

And a glass of different pastel colors for water...

 Pottery Barn

And some simple wine glasses

 Pottery Barn

And colorful carving utensils

 Anthropologie

And you're ready for a FEAST!
Check out Martha Stewart's Lamb Recipe on
MarthaStewart.com

It's to die for!

Hoppy Easter!!

No comments: