Friday, June 10, 2011

The Friend Style Files.....Casa Bonita


A couple that I'm very close with recently purchased a house in Houston.
For privacy's sake, let's called them Sasha & Darren.

Sasha and Darren have pretty different decor tastes.
Sasha loves a mix of Hollywood Regency and Modern Understated French.
Think Kelly Wearstler meets Restoration Hardware.

Darren likes it SIMPLE.
Period.

I thought it would be a fun series to go through their new abode room by room and do some imaginary decor.

Here goes.

We'll start with their formal living and dining room.

First, a little inspiration....









images via Pinterest

And now for their actual home!
The wall color is staying.
It's sort of a green-gray. Which is perfect because it's such
 an easy neutral for pairing!


Gorgeous Isn't it?

Now the whole room is being decorated around this
Versailles domed chair from Restoration Hardware.


I think this room needs to be mostly clean, monochromatic colors,
read: White & Greige
with accent colors of sage green, pale aqua and citrine.

Which is why I lurrve this citrine trellis lumbar for the Versailles chair.

Woody Liana on Etsy

On to the sofa.
This streamlined choice from Wisteria would be my first pick.

As far as more "cost effective" options go, I like the following.

Macy's




Z Gallerie


I love these pillow options for the white choices





and these for the green sofa....

Woody Liana via Etsy


Shades of Light

And this pendant lamp to hang over the living area



For another side chair to sit next to the Versailles,
I like this simple Louis XVI style from Wisteria.

And this white garden stool to sit in between the chairs to serve as a side table



With this birchwood lamp from Shades of Light to sit atop it.



 Now, Sasha really wants an upholstered ottoman to act as the coffee table.
But, to throw out another option, I love this simple glass table from Wisteria

I like these two upholstered options from Ballard Designs

Recovered in this light teal Trellis print from Schumacher


Instead of having two side tables flanking the couch,
I think a console behind it would work wonders.

I like this French Industrial option from Home Decorators....

But I'm OBSESSED with this mirrored Parson's from West Elm.


The console needs two lamps flanking it.
And I'm dying over all these options from Shades of Light.

Mercury Glass

White Ceramic
(I would change the shade)

Coral (a Lovely POP of color!)

Over the large window I would want Cornices and curtains like these below.
I love the linen, but I would make the border citrine instead of orange.


Love these area rug options



Shades of Light


Moving on to the dining room

LOVE LOVE LOVE this dining table from Home Decorator's.
It reminds me of many of the Restoration Hardware styles.
At a mere fraction of the price.



I like a Louis XVI style suite of chairs for this table.

This wood and linen one play's it safe from Home Decorators.


But this lucite Ghost Chair from High Fashion Home
ROCKS MY SOCKS OFF.



Love these Tiny Boxwood's (no pun intended) from
Restoration Hardware for Centerpieces

Over the table, I like this pendant.....



But, I am IN LOVE with this Wooden Beaded Chandelier


Shades of Light

Sasha and Darren love their cocktials, so a gold bamboo Hollywood Regency style
bar cart is a neccessity!


Love this paneled mirror from Horchow for the dining room wall!

 
A little entry way table on which to display florals would be lovely also.
And I'm liking this simple one from Ballard Designs.



 Last but not least, A side board to hold pictures, books and store dinnerware and table linens.
Loving these two options....

Ballard Designs

Circa Who


No comments: