Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dining Room Inspiration!




Recently, my mom has been talking to me about helping her re-do her dining room.

She loves the color---which is a pinky-coraly-red color, but she's ready to do something fresh with the furniture (which I pointed all was all the same color) and the accessories.


You can kind of see the color in these photos from my friend Liz's bridal shower that I hosted last year with Lauren from The Semi-Designed Life.



She has all mahogany furniture (dining table, china hutch, buffet, chairs), an oriental rug and a very traditional brass chandelier.

I'm planning to modernize it a bit, while still keeping it traditional, because that's what blends with the vibe in her home.

One of the first things I'm planning to suggest is doing a lacquered finish on the walls in the existing coral color.

Here are some inspiration photos for the walls:



I will say that I also love rooms that have lacquered walls, with the ceiling lacquered in the same color.

I would love for her to pain the ceiling, walls and trim in the coral color.
Color Saturation at it's best.



I'm going to suggest that she keep her traditional waxed mahogany dining table and then add "mis-matched" painted french chairs.
The color scheme I'm contemplating is coral, light grey and soft aqua.

I love these inspiration photos for the dining room scheme:




What are your favorite aspects of a dining room?

Really unique chairs? A stunning chandelier? A really cool buffet?

Talk to me people.

No comments: