Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wedding Wednesdays.....The Rehearsal Dinner


I bring this Wedding Wednesday to you with a simple question.

Have you ever had a cupcake that had amazing icing, but when you got to the cake part, it was mediocre at best?

Sure, we all have.

That's how I feel about fabulous weddings with bad rehearsal dinners.
You know, the one's that appear to be an after thought in the mind of the bride, groom and their families.

The one's that are SO phoned in.

But it does not have to be that way my friends.
It does NOT have to be that way.

Your rehearsal can be traditional.

Or GLAM....

Or even rustic.

I think the best rehearsal dinners are the one's that represent you and the groom as a couple.
Nothing is worse than a stuffy dinner at an old country club.

I adore this one, held by blogger Bailey of Peppermint Bliss.

Technically, I think it was a welcome party of sorts.
But who's counting?


And just look how fabulous.
I love the rustic Texas meets Colorado vibe.


And and chandy made of cowboy hats.
How fun. How original.
LOVE.

My rehearsal dinner ideas, you ask?

Let's set the scene.

Location: Palm Springs (duh.)

Specific Venue: The Ace Hotel, Palm Springs

It has such a fun, cool vibe

Refreshments to be served:
Different kinds of "interesting" beer.

No Bud or Coors in sight.



Main Attraction: Vintage Air Stream trailers.
Keeping with my 1950's/1960's vibe.


Serving: Freshly made tacos---straight from the Air Stream window.
A fun activity for guests and an inventive way to serve food!



Decor: Succulents and bright, fun flowers!



And, depending on whether or not I end up using this inspiration for the actual wedding, 
I may have to throw some of this action in here.

images via pinterest.com, stylemepretty.com, trinaturk.com

Which brings me to another point---If your wedding will be super formal, give your guests a rest the night before and throw and fun, yet casual soiree.

That's why I want a casual "beer and tacos" dinner.
Something people would feel comfortable wearing jeans or a sundress to.




Plus, I would most certainly need to be wearing a little Trina Turk.


No comments: