Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Living Large in an Extra Small Space


 Yesterday, I talked about the darling dressing room below and it's fab Union Jack rug.
I wanted to show the rest of this amazing little house, featured in Country Living a few years ago.

It belongs to Lizzie Carney, who is a designer for Euro Trash. It's a mere 1,000 square feet, which I love.

I live in the teeniest little house here in Fort Worth and I always struggle with waiting to buy the pieces I really want for my next and hopefully, bigger home, when I need to remind myself that it's not the size of the house that counts, but the quality of what you fill it with.
Anyway, I think the way Lizzie has turned her tiny abode into something fabulous can be an inspiration for all of my fellow small-space dwellers.




 I'm obsessed with the "wine cellar" feel of her dining room.



Her kitchen is super-Amaze. I love the un-abashed stab at glamour with the crystal chandeliers, dark wood cabinentry and mod turquoise fridge.

 images via Country Living
What are your thoughts on living extra-large in a teeny space?

3 comments:

Tiffany Leigh said...

So lovely! I am moving into a teeny tiny space in September and this is great inspiration! Love the blue fridge.

mackenziepage said...

Me too! I'm dying for one of those retro fridges----except, I think I'd want a pink one!

Large Rugs said...

We often have seen that the decorating small places is easy but maintaining that decoration is not so easy.