Thursday, October 25, 2012

Comon Knock on our Door....


Lately I've been thinking a lot about my front door.
Specifically the entry area to my home.

I'm always fascinated, particularly in cities like London and New York, with beautiful door ways.
It's not just the beauty of the door, but the whole set-up. The perfectly potted plants, a lovely door knocker. All of these elements create the perfect first impression of your home.

Right now my doorway is kind of a snoozefest. It's plain black, with a little window and white trim.
It needs some jazzing, that's for sure.

I wish I had room for a symmetrical situation with boxwoods on either side of the door, but alas, I really only have space for one awesome looking plant.


I LOVE the idea of a mint door. And I think it would look pretty perfect with my current house.
The exterior is light grey with white trim and black shutters. Mint might just be the perfect pop of color.

More treats for your eyes.








I LOVE these side by side pink doors.
Ombre is my fave.

After I settle on a paint color,
I'll be settling on a fun vintage door knocker.

Like this pineapple on Etsy


Rahr.

images via Pinterest.com

Which door is your favorite?






3 comments:

Tiffany Leigh said...

Love those mint doors! Once in Halifax I saw a house with black siding and hot pink door. It looked Fierce

mackenziepage said...

Um, that sounds amazing!!

I'm gaga for a mint door right now.

Maigen said...

Love the mint door idea!

The black high-gloss is amazing... Also the two pink doors are totally wonderful!

That lion knocker is perfection!

*Maigen
laconceptiondesfemmes.blogspot.com