Monday, February 4, 2013

Rose Inspiration


I went to Miami this past week/weekend for a business trip. During which, I had the brief opportunity to visit the Rose Bar at the Delano Hotel.

It's probably the most beautiful bar I've ever been to, closely rivaling the "other" Rose Bar I visited last year at the Gramercy Park Hotel in NYC.


Anyway, I thought Rose Bar (Miami version) was so inspiring and feminine with it's blush velvet draped walls, shiny lacquered furniture and 1940's style Murano glass chandys.

It made me think of a fabulous woman's salon.
A place to get dressed, to lounge and to indulge in a couple cocktails.






Complete with the Ida Daybed from My Chic Nest, in their Rhubarb velvet color way.
Cozy and Girly, all at the same time.


And these silk velvet Dorothy Draper style slipper chairs via Showplace on 1st Dibs



No salon would be complete without an absolutely over the top, albeit stunning Francois Link style salon table via Burke Antiques on 1st Dibs.


Topped with pretty blush Murano lamps like these.
Already sold, but from Jean Marc Frey in Austin.


via Kirby Antiques on 1st Dibs

And completed by this stunningly glam Murano chandelier.
Over-the-TOP and oh so lovely!


I would obviously sit in my fabulous salon, while wearing a vintage 1960's  caftan.



 The whole scene would be SO Julianne Moore in A Single Man.
Could I be more obsessed with her character in that movie?
Probably not.


What did you do this weekend?

You know, besides watch a football game before and after the Beyonce concert.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it s hard to find out a instituter with a photofacial course