Monday, November 25, 2013

The Pink Project......Dining Room.

image via Pinterest

Remember how we discussed The Pink Project?
Well, I haven't quite delivered the goods.

But being late to the party is far better than being a no-show.
So here we go. (Did not intend on rhyming.)

Not all of the rooms in The Pink Project are intended to be pink for the majority. In this home, most rooms would just have touch or two of pink. The dining room however, I would want to go BIG with the pink.


Some initial inspiration.


imageviaPinterest

image via TheGlamPad

imageviaPinterest

I will never forget when I first saw this room in Domino. Everything about it is so spot on.


And my inspiration for the actual room. As a really great color is the best foundation of all rooms, I'd paint the walls Farrow & Ball's Middleton Pink. The window would get a fabulous treatment of Schumacher's Mary McDonald Chinois Palais in Blush ConchTraditional dining table----which are becoming really really difficult to find, by the way. French Louis XVI chairs, covered in Schumacher's Sophia Velvet in coral  on the front and a Pierre Frey chinoiserie (Princesse Palatine) on the back. A gorgeous lacquered 1940's buffet would hold linens, candles, etc, while two Moroccan Pagoda china cabinets from Circa Who would flank the opposite wall. I'd have the exteriors done in ivory lacquer and the insides done in a soft aqua to complement my china. See it here. By the window, I'd add this fabulous Aldo Tura goatskin bar cart, accented with this fabulous retro pink poodle lamp. Above the dining table, this gorgeous pair of Venini Murano chandeliers. On the buffet, I'd add this pair of Famille Rose porcelain vases that have been converted to lamps. Above the buffet, I'd have a simply framed Slim Aarons print. I love the subversive element of this Slim Aarons photograph of Joan Collins in a pink bedroom with a pink poodle.

Here's a closer look at it.


I just love the juxtaposition of having a bedroom picture in the dining room. Such a conversation piece.
Only buy art you love, right?

What are your thoughts on an all pink dining room?

No comments: