Tuesday, June 3, 2014

About Dinner Last Night......One-Pan Crispy Chicken Legs & Brussels Sprouts


A coworker of mine and I used to discuss what we made for dinner the night before at least a few times a week. When you're busy, it's easy to give in to the temptation to just "call it in" but I found that talking about what I made for dinner the night before, and subsequently what I planned to make that night motivated me and made me excited to cook at home more often.

Since I no longer see that coworker everyday, I thought it would be fun to share what I'm cooking here.

Disclaimer: This is not a food blog, so I don't have exact measurements on things, unless I got the recipe from an actual cooking blog.

Last night I made One-Pan Crispy Chicken Legs & Brussels Sprouts

Today, you're in luck, as I got this recipe off of Pinterest, pinned from So Let's Hang Out blog. I chose this particular recipe for two reasons. One, we've been eating a TON of red meat lately and I felt like we needed a chicken situation and TWO, because it's low carb, and I was planning pasta for tonight.

Get the Full Recipe Here.


I modified the recipe by using bone-in chicken breasts with skin and drumsticks. I also added a coarsely chopped yellow onion. It roasted really nicely with the chicken and sprouts. I actually didn't add the grated parmesan at the end, not because I was trying to avoid it, but because I totally forgot. She was right, it was still so so yummy.

I served it with a classic caesar salad a la Martha.
Recipe here.

I skipped the croutons because well, I'm not a crouton fan. Blaspheme, I know.
By the way, if you're one of those caesar dressing in a bottle people, you haven't LIVED until you've 
made the dressing from scratch with the anchovies and raw egg. It's super easy, and even those non-adventurous foodies will love it.






No comments: