Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Fall Favorites



I went back to Fredericksburg this past weekend for a dear friend's bachelorette party. Fall was definitely in the air and it was the first time since last April that it's been cool outside. It was glorious.
There was a crispness in the air that always signals the beginning of fall in Texas to me, and though we don't get the striking color changing leaves like other parts of the country, I'll take whatever sub-90 degree weather we can get.

It got me thinking about what I am most looking forward to about fall this year.


SOUP.
Any and all kinds of soup, really, but fall soups will be a staple in our house for the next few months. Butternut Squash soup is one of my favorite fall varieties.
I made this recipe on Sunday night and it was the perfect healthy and hearty start to the week.



A ROARING FIRE. 
We don't have a fireplace in our current house, but OH how I wish we did.
There's nothing more amazing than that first fall day where it's truly cold enough for a fire.
In Texas, it happens around mid-December, but whatever.


PUMPKIN MUFFINS.
I can't get enough of pumpkin related foods during the fall, and these muffins are no exception.
My family makes this recipe , and it tastes relevant all the way past Christmas every year. You can also use it for bread, but I prefer to make it into muffins or even mini-muffins. 


OXBLOOD.
It's been "the color of the fall season" for the last four years running or so, and I think it's here to stay. I've been DYING over this Coach bag---which is sort of an oxblood meets eggplant color.
You can see it in all its glory here.



Methinks it would go fabulously with a simple cranberry dress like this one from Antonio Melani. Classic, Reasonably priced and comfy! 


I'm coveting these Tory Burch riding boots to go with.

FAUX FUR THROWS.
I'm thinking everyone needs to add a fur throw to their decor repertoire this season.

image via Lonny

A great way to "winterize" your rooms.


I love this version from Restoration Hardware. Well-priced and a variety of colors.
So so cozy.

What's your favorite thing about fall?

No comments: