Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Three Nurseries----My Way!



My post last week about Jenna Bush Hager's nursery was so well received (I even got a few emails from readers!) that I decided to do a post on how I would decorate a nursery!

To preface this post. NO, I am not pregnant. NO, I am not planning to become pregnant 
ANYTIME SOON.

I feel the need to make that disclaimer before my mom starts calling me asking why I've done two baby-related posts in a row. Not a joke, she called me recently and asked me why I had been pinning to my "Little One's" pinterest board so much.

I've broken my nursery post into three different scenarios for different styles.
I made all of these gender neutral---which I'm really a fan of. That way it can work just as easily for a second child, no matter the gender.

This nursery is for the mid-century modern enthusiast. 

Modern and Minimalist


Love the natural wood version of the crib we talked about last week. Find it at Dwell Studio.


Changing tables are a waste of money. Get a fab dresser and put a changing pad atop it.

Like this version from West Elm.

You could also go with the one that matches the crib, but I think it's fun to mix and match. Things look more interesting and less cookie cutter that way.
And less like you visited your friendly neighborhood furniture warehouse.


When you're trying to keep things minimalist and simple, I like a neutral shag rug. It gives it a bit of a retro vibe, and the diamond pattern adds a little interest, but blends nicely with the overall look.

This is a great option from RugsUSA.


You could go with a more traditional type glider, but I love the edge that this Eames style rocker has!



Love this crib bumper from Serena & Lily

And this cute little coordinating crib sheet.

I love the idea of adding a funny/edgy pillow like this one from Jonathan Adler.
So un-baby like.




Love these industrial sconces from PhotonicStudio on Etsy.
I would pair two of them (which would flank the crib) 



Our next nursery is for the mom that LOVES color. It's Hollywood Regency inspired, with loads of style and pizazz.


Hollywood Regency

I'd start off with this wallpaper from Schumacher. Omg, it's SO amaze in person.




This crib is a little wild, but I kind of LOVE it.




Since the crib is wild, I think It'd be fun to go with a more neutral chair. Love the lines of this one.
And the contrast of the black piping on the stark white chair.



With a pillow in China Seas Lyford Trellis

And a crib bumper in this fun Bailey and Griffin pattern.




With this crib sheet from Serena & Lily


And this fun pillow from Arianna Belle for inside the crib.


Love the greek key detail on this dresser for the changing table.


This rug keeps in our fun color scheme and I like the graphic element to it.
Again, RugsUSA.com



Looove this chandelier and always have. It would add such a fun element to the room.

My last nursery is for the mom that is traditional, but likes a little bit of edge. Even though this nursery is all in blues, I think it would be perfect for a boy or a girl!

Traditional with a Twist

Love this crib from Restoration Hardware. The oval shape is a fun unexpected element.



I would paint the whole nursery, moldings and doors included in Farrow & Ball's Hague Blue in a high gloss. Like this kitchen below.



I would want to do a little bed treatment flanking the crib like this,


with a crib skirt and bumper to match.






With two little brass swing arm lamps to light the crib, like these 
from Circa Lighting.


For the glider---how about going vintage with one of these fabulous Milo Baughman style swivel chairs from Circa Who?

 Upholstered in this GORGEOUS new fabric from Schumacher.


It's a silk velvet, and its sumptuous in person.


And since we're getting really crazy, how about two of these fun 1970's chandeliers via 1st Dibs for either side of the room?

For the changing table, I love this Modern Gustavian Chest from Wisteria. This is actually not crazy expensive, and I love how it coordinates with the crib, but isn't matchy matchy.

Since our budget in this imaginary nursery is obviously HUGE, I see no reason why the baby's closet can't get a little love.

Dying over this Cole and Son wallpaper to adorn the inside of the closet!


Here it is shown in a butler's pantry.

Which nursery scenario is your favorite?

No comments: