Friday, January 29, 2016

Brass is BACK.


A few months ago I was in a plumbing supply place trying (at no avail) to find a trim kit for an old style shower valve. While standing there, I was lamenting at their lack of attractive brass options, and another patron (who identified himself as a builder) over heard me and informed me that brass was simply "out of style". I had news for this guy (who apparently hasn't picked up a decor magazine since 2007)---BRASS, IS BACK.

Unless you've been living under a design rock for the last few years, you undoubtedly realize that brass has made a resurgence in the market---and it's not your grandmother's brass either. I especially like it where faucets are concerned. There's a way that it adds warmth to white, grey and black that nothing else can.

Here are a few Pinterest inspo pics...



And some of my own work with brass faucets below.




photo by Kelli Elizabeth Photography


What do you think of brass faucets and brass hardware in general? Is it a yes or a no?

No comments: