Thursday, February 4, 2016

Nursery Fun by Alice + Olivia and How to Get a Similar Look!


Earlier in the week, a client of mine texted me a screen shot of this picture off of Alice & Olivia designer Stacey Bendet's instagram. It's the nursery for her third daughter, who arrived recently.
I adore how fun and bright this nursery is, but the thing that struck me the most was an unabashed use of a colorful and heavily patterned wallpaper. It really makes the look and I think it would be such great stimulation for a new baby to have all these shapes and colors surrounding their room.


A progress photo. That Rosewood door is TO DIE FOR. 


Love this custom skirted bassinet. The graphic black and white is a great juxtaposition to the colorful walls.


images via here and here

I love how they kept the crib neutral against all of the color and pattern--- complete with very blue curtains and fun chandelier. I love how saturated this is, but if this were in my personal home, I might have done white drapery with a cobalt trim---but, to each their own and it looks fabulous.


 For slightly older children, I adore this dress and peacoat from Alice + Olivia's kids collection.

Inspired by Stacey Bendet's fabulous nursery, I decided to put together some inspiration for a nursery with another colorful and fun patterned wallpaper.

Using my favorite Scalamandre wallpaper---Chinois Exotique.




 With a black Jenny Lind Crib. A steal at $219---Great to offset the cost of the wallpaper.

I'd do the trim and doors in Farrow & Ball's Red Earth.


Shown here on walls.


And here on paneling and cabinetry.

Both images via Pinterest




I would do drapes in this Scalamandre jacquard---Pickfair in Coral. I would also find a fun green and coral tassel trim to add to the edges.

For lighting I adore this Coleen & Company Lantern in Peacock. So fun and whimsical, just like the wallpaper!


Do you like the idea of wallpaper in a nursery? 


No comments: